Starting at the bottom and working our way up...
5. The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself - Mark Twain
Sometimes the scariest times are when you are left along with your thoughts, when we are left to come to terms with who we really are.
4. For a long time I used to think this a silly, straw-splitting distinction: how could you hate what a man did and not hate the man? But years later it occurred to me that there was one man to whom I had been doing this all my life—namely myself. However much I might dislike my own cowardice or conceit or greed, I went on loving myself. There had never been the slightest difficulty about it. In fact the very reason why I hated these things was that I loved the man. Just because I loved myself, I was sorry to find that I was the sort of man who did those things - CS Lewis
Boom. CS Lewis. Enough Said.
3. Every new adjustment is a crisis in self-esteem - Eric Hoffer
So you hate change... or maybe you hate what it's doing to you? Maybe you're afraid of what you're losing, or maybe what you have to prove... either way: YOU'VE GOT THIS!
Bonus: Sometimes you gotta play for long time to play like yourself - Miles Davis
2. The problem with self-esteem - whether it is high or low -- is that every single day we put ourselves on trial - Timothy Keller
Take yourself off the stand... get out of the defendant's chair. You are a work in progress. Each day, take a step forward... here's a thought... SPEED DOESN'T MATTER! FORWARD IS FORWARD!
1. Love your neighbor as yourself - Jesus
If we can't love ourselves... how can we go on loving anybody else? Often we persecute and punish those who remind us of the worst parts of ourselves. What if we flipped the story, and loved them fiercely?
Brett Esslinger is a Husband, Dad, Son, Brother, Pastor, Speaker, Leader, Writer whose life goal is to help people unlock their potential and fulfill their life's purpose.
Follow Brett on Twitter, Instagram &Facebook: @brettesslinger and of course over on Snapchat at: brett.esslinger